Rules for Virtual Meal Support Group
This is a meal support group and not a therapy group.
By attending this group, I agree to the following:
- I will test my equipment and get on the call about 2 minutes prior to ensure there are no connection issues.
- I will join the group on time to avoid disrupting other members.
- I will be seated in a private space and a quiet room to reduce the likelihood of being disturbed. Headphones are recommended for enhanced privacy for all.
- I will enable my video camera so the group can see my face and that I am eating.
- I will respect confidentiality and what is said in the group by other group members will not be shared outside.
- I will turn off notifications and anything else that can be distracting.
- I am here voluntarily, even if other members of my team have recommended I attend.
- I am here to support my recovery from my eating disorder.
- I am responsible for ensuring my meal or snack meets the need of my meal plan. The group facilitator is here to provide support and encouragement.
- I understand this is not therapy and does not replace the need for a treatment team.
- I agree to hold EDTLA harmless for any adverse effects I may experience because of my participation.
- I will show respect for all group members and facilitators and will not make negative comments toward any group member.
- I will not judge any other group members’ food choices.
- I will not discuss nutritional information, calories, weight, or other numbers.
- The group facilitator may provide a warning and then remove any group member who is unable to follow the group rules.
- If I am struggling, I may message the group facilitator.