We’re Hiring! Seeking a Licensed Psychotherapist or Pre-licensed Associate
We’re a highly regarded, busy eating disorder specialty group practice and we’re looking for a licensed psychotherapist or pre-licensed associate to join us. This position provides training in working with eating disorder patients of all ages. We are primarily insurance-based and are committed to increasing access to quality care for a diverse clientele. Our work is rooted in Health at Every Size(R) and a social justice approach. The practice owner is a leading expert in the field of eating disorders.
Requirements include being fully licensed or having an associate registration in the State of California and enthusiasm about our mission and business model. Successful candidates will be independent, energetic, direct, and collaborative. This is a W2 position, so no worries about quarterly taxes, marketing expenses or other overhead. This position is hybrid and requires some hours in our office in Los Angeles; some of the hours can be remote.
A minimum commitment of 10 client hours per week is required. Therapists make their own schedules with some flexibility, but the position requires at least 5 hours in the evening or weekend due to practice needs.
The practice’s director was trained by one of the creators of CBT for eating disorders, is certified in FBT, and is a certified eating disorder specialist and a certified supervisor via IAEDP as well as a trainer in the IAEDP Core Course for Certification. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated person to gain expertise in evidence-based treatment for eating disorders and to help grow the group as well as develop professionally. Consultation with the director or our other CEDS supervisor will be provided. Hours may be applied toward IAEDP certification as a certified eating disorder specialist. There is also an opportunity to gain training in Family-Based Treatment for Eating Disorders.
Our pre-licensed providers start at $35 per clinical hour
Our licensed master’s level providers start at $50 per clinical hour
Our psychologists start at $80 per clinical hour
Admin time is compensated at a lower rate. Compensation can increase due to tenure and training.
If you have the desire for a long-term position within a group practice, then this opportunity may be right for you.
Please email a CV and cover letter letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants without a personalized cover letter will not be considered.
Individuals will be contacted for an interview ONLY if they seem to have the skills and experience we are looking for, can document training and experience in CBT or DBT, and include a cover letter detailing their experience and fit for this position.
- Steady stream of referrals through our own marketing
- Competitive compensation
- Individual consultation as needed and monthly trainings
- Supportive team environment
- Some flexibility over scheduling
- Comfortable office space in a great location
- CEU stipend
- Commitment to your professional satisfaction and growth
- Current State of California license or registration
- Willing to contract with major insurance carriers
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and retain clients
- Experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy or DBT
- Availability to work 10 hours per week including some evening or weekend hours
- Timeliness, commitment to ethical practice, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to serving those of diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in and commitment to social justice and how it relates to our work
- Not having one’s own private practice
- Detailed, thoughtful cover letter – please tell us about who you are and what you bring to the position
Preference given to applicants who:
- Have at least 2 years experience post-licensure
- Have experience working with adults as well as adolescents
- Have eating disorder experience
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills
- Master’s Degree
Preferred license or certification:
- PhD, PsyD, LMFT, or LCSW
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time