We ARE meeting on Thursday, December 30, 2021!
NOTE: There is no group on the following dates (due to facilitator’s schedule):
- Thursday, November 4
- Thursday, November 25 (Thanksgiving)
- Thursday, December 2
Other than those, dates, the group will continue to meet EVERY Thursday at 5 pm unless we notify you otherwise. Contact email@example.com for the link.
We are seeing more and more need for treatment for Avoidant Restrictive Intake Disorder (ARFID). Several of our clinicians have several years of experience in treating ARFID and have undergone training in CBT-AR with Drs Thomas and Eddy, the developers of CBT-AR.
The patients we see with ARFID are usually relieved to find treatment that is tailored to them. They report not knowing other people with ARFID and not having people in their lives who understand what it is like to live with ARFID. They report feeling like they don’t fit in in other eating disorder recovery and support spaces.
So, here we have it, a space just for adults with ARFID. Open to anyone in California, age 18 and up with ARFID. Come for support and education.
This group is ongoing (since March 2021) and is held online on Thursday evenings, 5 to 6 pm.
Call 323-743-1122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
Now that it’s been running for about 20 weeks, here are some themes we’ve discussed:
- Psychoeducation about ARFID including the different types of ARFID and how one develops ARFID
- How people with ARFID struggle in general eating disorder spaces
- The shame experienced in eating “kids foods” or foods vilified by diet culture
- Struggles in eating out and travel
- Favorite ARFID foods (there are surprising commonalities)
- Exposure strategies
- How to help other people understand your ARFID
- ARFID resources