Rise and Shine! Start your day in California with an early morning virtual psychotherapy session at 6 am, 7 am, or 8 am
If you are struggling with an eating disorder, including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, OSFED, ARFID, or atypical anorexia, we know scheduling can be tough. We are aware that it is difficult to find time for psychotherapy amidst a busy work, school, or family schedule. That’s why we are excited to be able to offer early morning appointments.
Why Seek Eating Disorder Therapy in the Early Morning?
Early morning appointments are beneficial for adults, college students, and teens and can take place before school or work. Starting your day with psychotherapy can help you get a jump on the day and help you set intentions for practicing new behaviors, conducting exposures, or increasing mindfulness. You can also get support with breakfast during your session if eating early in the day is a challenge.
At least one study demonstrated that psychotherapy sessions earlier in the day led to better therapeutic gains. Early in the morning, you can show up to your therapy sessions with good energy and less fatigue. You may be more primed to learn new information.
We also offer Family-Based Treatment (FBT) in the early morning. Before school and work and not interfering with afterschool lessons, sports, or dinner, this is a great time for all family members to come together to support a teen in recovery.
Benefits of Early Morning Eating Disorder Appointments
While psychotherapy sessions can take place at any time of the day, there are several benefits to having these sessions in the early morning.
Benefits of early morning appointments may include:
- Starting your day with a clear headspace—You can process any negative emotions and thoughts weighing you down. This can increase your ability to focus on other things.
- Reduce your stress and anxiety—By addressing fears early in the day you may be better able to cope with stressors throughout the day.
- Having a whole day to follow through on intentions set in session—You can set intentions and goals and maintain focus on them throughout the day.
- Helping to develop sound habits including regular eating—You can focus on taking immediate action on behavioral strategies discussed in the session.
- Ensuring you prioritize therapy. Have you ever got stuck at work and arrived late to an evening session? This won’t happen in the morning. Just be sure to set your alarm!
- Reduce the pressure and stress of fitting it in later in the day. With sessions in the morning, you can return home after work and relax.
- Increasing accountability for meals—If desired you can eat your breakfast during the session and take advantage of meal support.
We know that people follow a variety of sleep schedules and some people stay up late and others like to rise early. Whatever your scheduling needs, we have several different expert eating disorder therapists and hope that we can accommodate you.
We can accept the following insurances:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Medi-cal
- Kaiser (by specialty referral)
Begin Early Morning Teletherapy for Eating Disorders in California
You do not have to continue to struggle with your eating and body issues alone. Early morning appointments with our expert eating disorder therapists can help you overcome these issues. To start your counseling journey, follow these simple steps:
- Contact Eating Disorder Therapy LA
- Speak to our practice manager who will match you to a therapist
- Start your therapy bright and early!